Book Care Instructions
- Having clean hands and a clean area to use the book.
- Keep food and drink away from the book(s).
- Remove the book from the shelf by gripping on both sides of the spine at the middle of the book, instead of tugging at the top of the spine.
- Do not using paper clips, “dog ear” folding, or other methods that could damage the page. Always use a bookmark to mark your page.
- Do not use rubber bands, self-adhesive tape,” and/or glue on books.
- Return library materials in the same condition as you received them. Handle them gently. Do not mark, highlight or underline in books. Do not cut out pages or pictures. Be sure to return all items (CD’s, maps, patterns, etc.) included with the book.
- If the book needs to be repaired let the librarian know before turning it back in to the book drop.
- Keep your items from getting wet. Don’t read library books in the bath.
- Keep library materials away from pets, especially teething puppies!
- If returning items through the book drop, drop them in gently, one at a time.
Check In/Check out Policies
Students in grades K-2 can check out 2 books at a time.
K-1 students will start off the school year checking out one book, once students understand how to find and return books properly, they will be allowed to check out two books.
Students in grades 3-5 can check out 3 books at a time.
Every time students visit the library for class; they will be able to check in and check out books.
Students can come to the library anytime before their scheduled class time to check in or check out books.
Students may only visit the library twice a week.
Students have 12 school days to check out books before they are considered overdue.
There are no overdue fines.
Students may not check out books if they have overdue or lost books.
***If a book is not returned and/or returned damaged, it is Clarksville Montgomery School Systems policy that the student be charged a fee for that item(s).
***No library materials, grades, progress reports, diplomas, or transcripts will be issued until restitution has been made.